What causes damage to my roof?
- Storm-related events, like wind and hail
- Summer heat
- Lack of ventilation
- Time and age
What roofing damage should I contact you about?
How do I know I need a new roof?
It’s often difficult to tell if you need a new roof, but that’s why we’re here! Ask us about our free annual inspections. We won’t suggest a new roof if all you need are repairs.
I’m buying or selling a house. Should I worry about the roof?
Before buying a home, it’s important to confirm the roof is up to standards. We’ll give you the honest truth about the roof and help you ensure your roof is covered by your insurance.
Selling a home can be made easier by having a quality roof. Give us a call and we’ll come out for a free roof inspection.
Realtors, let us provide a free inspection for your homebuyers or sellers so you can avoid any surprises that might delay a closing.
How long does it take to install a new roof?
New roof installation typically takes only two to three days to complete.
How long will my roof last?
A roof’s life depends on the manufacturer of the materials and the type of roof system you purchase. You can choose anywhere from 20-year roofs to 50-year roofs. Head here for more about choosing a roof.
What is a sustainable (green) roof?
A sustainable roof:
- Uses as few resources as possible
- Is built to last a long time so the materials aren’t wasted
- Often consists of recycled materials
- Has durable, reflective surfaces that help your home use less energy
Can you help with my insurance claim?
We’re happy to help with your insurance claim. Call us so we can help you:
- With your adjustment sheet
- Understand what the insurance company should pay for
- Evaluate insurance adjustments and negotiate the best program for you
How do I process my claims check?
We’re happy to handle the check process for you, absolutely free. If you’d like to handle the process yourself, make sure to:
- Contact your mortgage company to see if you need their endorsement
- Ask for the name of the person you should send the check to
- Send the check by certified mail
Do I need to put down a deposit before work begins?
We’re not like most roofing companies – we don’t normally require money in advance. Our typical billing process looks like this:
- After completing your roof, we’ll send you an invoice for the balance due
- We’ll help you process any insurance or mortgage company requirements
- Your insurance company may send out an inspector to verify our work, then they’ll send you a check for final payments (minus the amount of your first check)
- Upon final payment, we’ll issue your manufacturer and workmanship warranties
Will my insurance approve City Roofing Company?
After over 50 years, we have yet to meet an insurance company that doesn’t approve us. Give us a call and we’ll help you with your claim.
What if my question isn’t answered here?
Give us a call: 817-738-1756.